State Office of Industrial Property of the Republic of Macedonia is an autonomous organ of the state administration responsible for the affairs related to the acquisition and protection of intellectual property
Autonomous governing the protection of industrial property began after the independence of the Republic of Macedonia .
On 24.04.1992 , the Ministry of Development is taking over on the protection of industrial property and the date can submit applications for the Protection of Industrial Property.
The first national law entered into force on 15.07.1993 , and on 28.03.1994 the coming into force and bylaws .
Macedonia became a member of the World Intellectual Property Organization on 23.07.1993 by filing a Declaration of Acceptance of previously ratified international conventions and agreements . Membership of the Republic of Macedonia to these conventions and treaties dating from 08.09.1991 , the date of independence of the country .
Office for the Protection of Industrial Property was established on 01.12.1993 year , as a body within the Ministry of Development as a legal entity. The adoption of the Law on Organization and Operation of the state administration , the institution continued to operate under the name Office for the Protection of Industrial Property , as a body within the Ministry of Economy as a legal entity.
In June 2002 a new Law on Industrial Property, which is in force since 01.01.2004 , and is in line with international standards and fundamental principles of the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights ( TRIPS Agreement ) of the World Trade Organization and Regulation European Union .
With the amendments in March 2004 changed the status and name of institution in the State Office of Industrial Property , which becomes an administrative organization with the status of an independent state body . Pursuant to the provisions of the Act and regulations adopted . The law was amended in March 2006, which is made further uspglasuvanje with European legislation and strengthening of measures for protection of industrial property .
Responsibilities of the State Office of Industrial Property
State Office of Industrial Property :
- Acknowledge receipt of applications for recognition of peravata industrial property ;
- Implementing administrative procedures for the acquisition of industrial property rights in the Republic of Macedonia ;
- Conducts international proceedings for recognition of industrial property rights under international agreements to which the Republic of Macedonia
- Keep registers of applications and acquired rights ;
- Objavuva the official publication of data reported and recognized induistriska property rights ;
- Make publicly available databases of recognized industrial property rights ;
- Represents the country in international , European and regional organizations for intellectual property;
- Follow the development of international and European legislation and initiatives initiated for harmonization of national legislation ;
- Initiated initiatives to ratify international agreements in the field of industrial property ;
- Gives information on the procedures for the protection of industrial property rights at home and abroad ;
- Provides services to search databases in the field of intellectual property ;
- Promote the protection of industrial property ;
- Conducts training and examination for representatives in the field of industrial property .